[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 976
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2006-06-11 16:10:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-SpamC request...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe wrote:
> milter-spamc does not read SpamAssassin user configurations. It takes
> the information given to it by SpamAssassin (required_hits, score, and
> report if requested) and acts on it according to site policy. There is
> no way to know whether the required_hits is the system or user setting
> and any such option would be applied to all returned results. I think
> this request is to far out there to be generally useful/used.

Would it be possible to grow Milter-SpamC to be able to read additional lines from the
AccessDB to be able to get user score?  I.e. add a line to the AccessDB like:

Milter-SpamC-Score:gtaylor@riverviewtech.net|8	REJECT

This way Milter-SpamC could find per user preferences?  This would also allow people to
set up a different score for each domain.  I.e.

Milter-SpamC-Score:@domain1.tld:5	REJECT
Milter-SpamC-Score:@domain2.tld:15	REJECT
Milter-SpamC-Score:@domain3.tld:3	REJECT

Just a thought.

If not I'll go back to the Milter-CLI route.  I just need to come up with something that
will work for everyone on my system and not just me.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search