[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 962
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-06-06 17:23:12 -0400
Subject: Re: "milter-link" breaking majordomo?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Brett Greenleaf wrote:
> I recently installed 'milter-link' on a mail server to take advantage of
> the  additional SPAM filtering capabilities.

You haven't specified what options you have set.

> There seems to be a problem with it running though as it has broken
> Majordomo in the mail server.  By broken I mean the log messages
> received when MD is not working are "dsn=5.0.0, stat=Service
> unavailable" and the mail does not go out at all.

I don't follow. When MD is not working you get Service Unavailble. But
below you say switching .cf files between new and old and MD works once
more. I'm confused. The way I read the above is that MD is not working
by choice, not as a result of milter-link. If swaping the .cf files
makes a difference, have you diff'ed them to see if something else was
changed?

> We have tested this by copying an older, pre-Milter-Link sendmail.cf
> file over, and testing, and MD did work again.

> divert(0)dnl
> VERSIONID(`@(#)main.mc <mailto:`@(#)main.mc>  1.5 (Sun) 08/10/00')
> OSTYPE(`solaris8')dnl
> DOMAIN(`solaris-generic')dnl
> FEATURE(access_db)dnl
> FEATURE(relay_based_on_MX)dnl
> FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
> FEATURE(virtusertable, `hash /etc/mail/maildomains')dnl
> FEATURE(`dnsbl',`sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org')dnl
> FEATURE(`dnsbl', `list.dsbl.org', `"550 Mail from " $`'&{client_addr}
"
> refused - see http://dsbl.org/"')
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clmilter',`S=local:/var/run/clmilter.sock,F=,T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`milter-link',`S=local:/var/run/milter-link.sock,T=C:10s;R:1m;E:5m')dnl
> define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `milter-link,clmilter')

The above line is redundant. Just change the order of the
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER() lines has the same effect as specifying the order.

> MAILER(`local')dnl
> MAILER(`smtp')dnl
> HACK(`popauth')dnl

Do you have in your access.db:

Connect:127.0.0.1		RELAY

Does your MD use a template with URL references? Consider white listing
them with something like:

milter-link-body:w3c.org		OK
milter-link-body:gober-foods.com	OK

Or similar. See the documentation.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search