[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 961
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2006-06-06 16:53:26 -0400
Subject: Re: "milter-link" breaking majordomo?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> There seems to be a problem with it running though as it has broken
> Majordomo in the mail server.  By broken I mean the log messages
> received when MD is not working are "dsn=5.0.0, stat=Service
> unavailable" and the mail does not go out at all.

I suspect that Milter-Link did not break MajorDomo, but rather that Milter-Link is not
happy with something and is doing what it was told to do.  Have you configured Milter-Link
to reject messages if it finds a link that it is unhappy with?  What is your policy set to
for milter-link "-p <policy"?  Are you telling milter-link to tell Sendmail
to reject the message?

> We have tested this by copying an older, pre-Milter-Link sendmail.cf
> file over, and testing, and MD did work again.
>
> Here is the .mc file that was used to build the .cf file for the
> milter-link.  It looks fine to us, but maybe if someone here can look at
> it with fresh eyes, they will see something that we are missing.  The
> Sendmail version is 8.12.8.  The only change was adding the line for
> Milter-Link and adding it to the definition of the INPUT_MAIL_FILTERS.
>
> The filter itself was working great, btw.  Very impressive results.  It
> cut my weekend SPAM from well over 200-300 to about 80.
>
> divert(0)dnl
> VERSIONID(`@(#)main.mc <mailto:`@(#)main.mc>  1.5 (Sun) 08/10/00')
> OSTYPE(`solaris8')dnl
> DOMAIN(`solaris-generic')dnl
> FEATURE(access_db)dnl
> FEATURE(relay_based_on_MX)dnl
> FEATURE(use_cw_file)dnl
> FEATURE(virtusertable, `hash /etc/mail/maildomains')dnl
> FEATURE(`dnsbl',`sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org')dnl
> FEATURE(`dnsbl', `list.dsbl.org', `"550 Mail from " $`'&{client_addr}
"
> refused - see http://dsbl.org/"')
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clmilter',`S=local:/var/run/clmilter.sock,F=,T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`milter-link',`S=local:/var/run/milter-link.sock,T=C:10s;R:1m;E:5m')dnl
> define(`confINPUT_MAIL_FILTERS', `milter-link,clmilter')
> MAILER(`local')dnl
> MAILER(`smtp')dnl
> HACK(`popauth')dnl
> BRETT

I do not see any thing out of the ordinary about your master config file.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search