[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 957
From: Taylor, Grant
Date: 2006-06-05 16:44:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Question regarding the merits of milter flag to

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> This is obviously a balancing act between keeping out undesireable mail
> and making sure that valid stuff gets through. In our case, the only
> milter I use temp fail on is for ClamAV. I really dont want to chance a
> Windows virus getting loose, but I can tolerate an uptick in spam. YMMV.

*nod*

That is where I am at now.  I think I'll Temp Fail on AV filter being down as well as the
sender verification being down.  I am VERY staunch about sender verification as it in and
of it's self will cut a LOT of crap.  Once you have a valid sender you can safely handle
junk email and issue a DSN and cause the sending server to issue a bounce if need be.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search