[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 954
From: Joe Matuscak
Date: 2006-06-05 14:02:35 -0400
Subject: Re: Question regarding the merits of milter flag to

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Taylor, Grant wrote:

> I'm impressed so much so that I am almost to the point that I do not
> want to accept email if I can not pass the email through some of my
> filters.  Namely, I do not want to accept any email, but rather Temp
> Fail if I can not perform sender verification and virus scan the email.

This is obviously a balancing act between keeping out undesireable mail
and making sure that valid stuff gets through. In our case, the only
milter I use temp fail on is for ClamAV. I really dont want to chance a
Windows virus getting loose, but I can tolerate an uptick in spam. YMMV.

Thanks,

Joe Matuscak
Rohrer Corporation
717 Seville Road