[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 951
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-06-01 02:53:26 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-limit temporary bypass

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Bryan Guest wrote:
> If I employ milter-limit, and I set a hard limit for
> messages/connections to local clients of say 300 messages per day, how
> can I temporarily reset the counter for a client or bump their limit.

There is no mechanism for this.

> For example, say a client sends out 300 messages, and then has a
> legitimate reason to send messages 301.
>
> Am I able to directly manipulate the milter to temporarily bump this
> client to 325 messages (rebuild my access table with hard limit for
> him?) or can I reset his counter to zero for that time period in any
> manner?

Changing the access.db entry is probably the best way. The milter
detects when the access.db has been updated and reopens it. The cache
entry contains a timestamp when the entry expires and the current count.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search