[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 949
From: sladewig
Date: 2006-05-31 07:56:01 -0400
Subject: Re: Building milter-sender BerkeleyDB

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Barry Quiel wrote:

> Here is the configure line for libmilter:
> ./configure --with-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2
> LibSnert/1.60.816
>   LDFLAGS...........: -L /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/.
> -lpthread -ldb-4.2 -ldl
>
> libmilter builds fine.

You should probably be consistent and use the
-R/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2 on the lib too. Not really sure if libsnert
needs it or not but it doesn't hurt.

> Here is the configure line for milter-sender:
>  export LDFLAGS="-R /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/."
>  ./configure --enable-run-user=smmsp --enable-run-group=smmsp
> --with-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2

I usually make a small script that contains this info. That way in a
month or two when I come to rebuild it I have the original setup.

> One stupid question.  Does it matter if there is a space between -L or
> -R and the path?  I've noticed this is inconsistent in the above output.

On solaris it does make a difference and there can be NO space.

--
steve

Lists Index Date Thread Search