[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 946
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-05-29 06:18:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Building milter-sender BerkeleyDB

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Barry Quiel wrote:
> Trying to build milter-sender 1.10 on Solaris 10 and I can't get it to
> link to libdb. When I do a ldd it says file not found for libdb-4.2.so.
>
> I used the with-db option and I set a LDFLAGS with a -R option.  I
> didn't have any problems when I built .62.837.  And I didn't have to use
> a -R option when I built .62.837.

What does the -R option do?

> I am building the new version of milter-sender on the same machine with
> the same compiler, same environment settings, etc.
>
> I really don't want to set an LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Any suggestions?  Am I
> just missing something stupid?

What did the libsnert ./configure summary report? Typically you say:

	cd com/snert/src/lib

	./configure
or
	./configure --with-db=/path/to/install

	make clean build
	cd ../milter-sender
	./configure
	make clean build
	sudo make install

If BDB is in /usr/local or /usr, libsnert ./configure should find it. An
alternative method is to specify:

	cd com/snert/src/lib
	CFLAGS=-I/path/to/includes LDFLAGS=-L/path/to/lib ./configure

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search