[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 939
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-05-24 08:42:16 -0400
Subject: Re: RE. Milter-ahead and MX lookups

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Quentin Campbell wrote:
> I have just tried the obvious test of re-starting 'milter-ahead' with
> the '-m' option specified on the command line. It is now working.

As mentioned in my other response, the milter-ahead.cf file does not
support comments. Remove those and it should work.

> However 'milter-ahead' runs as user 'milter' but that should not prevent
> the 'cf' file from being read.

The milter should start as root, reads its .cf, creates .pid and .socket
files, sets the ownership of the .pid and .socket, then drops root
privilege to milter:milter.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search