[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 926
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-05-11 13:03:27 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-link & SpamAssassin...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Adam Gibson wrote:
> I would implement this the same way on my servers because denying the
> connection could cause to many false positives for the redirection and
milter-link works on content, not the connection nor envelope. In the
month or so I've been using it prior to its release, I've not had one
false-positive and I tested it with the aid of someone's spam trap so it
was stressed tested and checked against a wide variety of input (the
only false-positives during initial development were do to coding
errors), but essentially the three URI BLs consulted have never caused
me any grief.

The attached graph shows the spam trap activity in the last 24 hours. It
compares DNSBL and URI BL. rejections.

>> Otherwise if you're using a milter/SpamAssassin combo already, why use
>> milter-link, if you're not going to reject or quaratine? SpamAssassin
>> can already do the URL checks (though more slowly I think) and tag it
>> itself.
>>

> Your milter can check things that spamassassin doesn't (of course).

True. But milter-link doesn't do anything really fancy yet. Version 0.2
that I'm working on now identifies a certain class of spam (pump & dump
stock spam appearing as a .gif) through its MIME structure.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search