[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 917
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2006-05-08 00:33:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-Report v0.8 Strange Behavior...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> So I've created this simple patch to try out that adds a stub xxfi_eom
> handler. If my understanding is correct, then this should cause
> sendmail/libmilter to invoke the xxfi_abort handler when some other
> milter rejects the message ahead of milter-report's xxfi_eom handler.

Well it is a little later than I had intended to apply the patch and test but I have done
so now.  I will have to wait about 32 hours to be able to report if the patch worked or
not.  I run my reports at 03:00.

I had noticed that if I started Sendmail or Milter-Report with in the last 24 hours
(report cycle?) I would get the Undelivered Mail Reports like I would expect.  However out
side of the initial 24 hours / report cycle I would not get any reports except for my one
account (postmaster) that would fill it's buffer and said report would not be on the
report cycle either.

I also found that if I killed Sendmail and restarted it I would get a set of reports
during the subsequent report cycle like I should.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search