[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 905
From: Steffan Vigano
Date: 2006-05-01 01:38:17 -0400
Subject: milter-sender force greylisting on verizon.net

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hello there....  we are getting hammered by forged addresses from the
verizon.net domain.   Unfortunately, we do have a fairly large number of
legitimate users sending in from legit @verizon.net addresses.
Currently, it seems that verizon does not deal well with the null sender
probe from milter-sender so I had to put an accept entry into my
access.db in order to get the handful of legit email to come through.
Thereby opening the floodgates from the rest of the garbage.   Is there
a way with milter-sender that I can disable the return address check,
but force a greylist response for this domain?   I'd have to think that
it would slow the flow a bit.

thanks again for a great product.
-Steffan

Lists Index Date Thread Search