[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 900
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-04-29 02:12:02 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-Report strange (?) behavior...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Grant Taylor wrote:
>> This doesn't work (yet). The -f option and B/W list support
>> behaviour has been left undecided since I'm unsure what semantics I
>> want to apply.
>
> It sounds like you might be undecided between two or more possible
> ways to handle this.  If this is indeed the case can I ask what you
> are contemplating?  I'd be willing to give my opinion.

Yes. I've been undecided since first writing it. The obvious choice is
as you assumed before, that those white listed don't get reports. But
I've been thinking maybe some sort of "formatting" behaviour similar to
milter-bcc, that would allow you to specify patterns as to where a
report for a particular user or group of users should go instead AND
still allow white-listing/ignore semantics (OK, SKIP, NEXT).

There is also the question if milter-report-connect:, -auth:, -from:,
and -to: (as supported in other milters) should share similar semantics,
or drop milter-report-connect:, -auth:, -from:

I've been waiting on enhancement requests, suggestions, or bug fixes to
push me in some direction, but so far I've been fence sitting on this.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search