[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 899
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2006-04-28 21:13:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-Report strange (?) behavior...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> There is a 64K report size limit per user report. If the next entry
> would exceed that limit then the report to date is sent immediately and
> the next entry starts a new report. So it is possible to get reports
> outside the scheduled report time.

*nod*  I would rather get reports out side of the scheduled time than miss information, so
what you have done is a safe default policy.

> However, there looks to be an issue with there not being enough room to
> allow for headers and the lead in message, which results in truncating
> the last couple of lines of the report.

Ah.  That would make sense.

> This doesn't work (yet). The -f option and B/W list support behaviour
> has been left undecided since I'm unsure what semantics I want to apply.

It sounds like you might be undecided between two or more possible ways to handle this.
If this is indeed the case can I ask what you are contemplating?  I'd be willing to give
my opinion.

> If a report gets too large, its sent outside of the planned schedule.

Ok, that's fine.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search