[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 886
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-04-14 05:25:00 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-limit

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Sergey N. Romanov wrote:
>> But does it make sense to in milter-limit? milter-limit acts on
>> connection...
>
> I don't know... May be I have configured sendmail not correctly? After
> the limit is exceeded I see that messages are placed in clientmqueue.

clientmqueue? So your MTA is limiting your MSP process. If you really
want to limit clients submitting mail then you should probably apply the
milter to the submit.mc file instead.

> Should be so? And the system sends them to recipients right after
> milter-limit allows to make this. We don't need these messages because
> this is spam on 100% and we don't want, that they have been sent.

milter-limit return 450 4.7.1. temporary rejection until the limited
time period resets. So its only normal that MSP would queue the
temporary rejected messages until the MTA allows them through. I'd say
you are apply milter-limit in the wrong place.

What you really want to do for this particular case would be to reject
with a 550 5.7.1 instead. It might also be useful to implement this as a
choice for the previously suggested -p option, different from -p reject.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search