[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 881
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-04-14 02:30:57 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-limit

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Sergey N. Romanov wrote:
> Can milter-limit discard messages over limit instead of rejecting?
> Can this be implemented in future releases?

Many things are possible. My question is why? I typically want reasons
behind an enhancement request.

I could implement a -p policy option, similar to  milter-clamc's option
and the upcoming milter 17:

	-p none|tag|reject|discard|quarantine

But does it make sense to in milter-limit?  milter-limit acts on
connection, MAIL, RCPT states so its inherently pre-DATA and better
suited to reject behaviour in the SMTP session before the message
content is even sent.

I'm not opposed to the idea, but I'd like more reasons and/or motives to
push me.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search