[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 876
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-04-03 09:44:25 -0400
Subject: Re: loopback mail blocked after milter-ahead update

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Greg Matthews wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 18:58 +0200, Anthony Howe wrote:
>> Typically you should have in access.db
>>
>> Connect:127.0.0.1			RELAY
>> GreetPause:127.0.0.1			0
>> ClientRate:127.0.0.1                    0
>> ClientConn:127.0.0.1                    0
>>
>> It would appear you don't.
>>

> that doesnt explain why I didnt need this before upgrading milter-ahead,
> but thanks for the pointer.

The reason is probably related to this:

http://www.snert.com/Software/ecartis/index.php?go=/milters/2006-03/841

Prior to the addition of the black/white list support, the milter never
consulted the access.db for anything. It relied completely on
mailertable and the result of the call-ahead. With the addition of -m
some sites wanted to B/W list the activity of the milter which brought
with it several unanticipated changes.

As I mentioned in a previous article. I'm not entirely happy with the
impact, ie. confusion, that the B/W list support has caused that I'm
considering disabling it by default in a near future update. (It would
be enabled by explicitly specifying the -f option.)

I'm still waiting for more feedback on the issue before I change it once
again. So far the only feedback I've had has been by way of tech.
support questions related to this.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search