[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 854
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-03-16 02:07:17 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-ahead does not appear to be working

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Kirk Ismay wrote:
> I've deployed milter-ahead on a debian linux system running sendmail
> 8.13.4. The milter is running, but the cache database does not appear to
> be increasing in size. I also can't seem to find any log entries in the
> mail log after it starts up:

Make sure that /etc/syslog.conf has mail.* instead of mail.info.
Remember to HUP syslogd too. This should allow you to see debug level
messages.

> This server is the primary MX, but forwards mail on to the "real"
> mailserver using a mailertable entry.

Have you added the INPUT_MAIL_FILTER configuration to sendmail.mc,
rebuilt sendmail.cf, and then HUP the sendmail process so it will use
the new configuration?

> I'm running milter-ahead with these options:
> /usr/local/sbin/milter-ahead -m -v all

Another thing to check with respect to most recent version of
milter-ahead/1.1:

http://www.snert.com/Software/ecartis/index.php?go=/milters/2006-03/841

Its most likely the unusual interaction of B/W list support that is
posing a problem.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search