[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 841
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-03-02 01:38:49 -0500
Subject: Oi! I upgraded to milter-ahead/1.1 and it no longer calls-ahead!

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

With the addition of B/W support into milter-ahead/1.1 an unintended
side effect has come to light, which may require the following general
default entry in access.db:

	milter-ahead-to:                SKIP

This will in one line tell the milter to ignore the To: or plain domain
RELAY/OK entries which trigger white-listing and thus by-pass the
call-ahead. Alternatively use more specific tag lines like:

	milter-ahead-to:example.com	SKIP

where required.

Depending on how annoying this issue becomes, I may have to change the
B/W behaviour to ignore by default RCPT TO: white listing to restore the
original 1.0 behaviour and add an option to turn it on when needed.

Comments?

--
Anthony C Howe       http://www.snert.com/     +33 6 11 89 73 78
AIM: SirWumpus            ICQ: 7116561          Skype: SirWumpus

Lists Index Date Thread Search