[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 840
From: Kevin Kretz
Date: 2006-03-01 13:37:34 -0500
Subject: milter-cli, same behavior with new version

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hi again,

I've compiled the new libsnert and milter-cli (with GCC 3.4.4 on Solaris
8) and see the same behavior I described last week.

I've got the output from truss, but don't want to post it here (it's
big) unless someone thinks it would be useful.

my milter-cli.cf is

-c /opt/milter-cli/bin/test -v info unix:/var/lib/milter-cli/socket

/var/lib/milter-cli is owned by smmsp, which is the user milter-cli is
configured to run as.  All I see in the logs is the error described
elsewhere here are harmless:

Mar  1 13:35:26 oriole milter-cli[13736]: [ID 622772 mail.error]
milter-cli: smfi_register: version mismatch application: 2 != milter: 4
Mar  1 13:35:26 oriole milter-cli[13736]: [ID 290379 mail.error]
smfi_register() failed

One thing that may or may not be meaningful that I can tell from the
truss output - when it tries to clean up, it tries to remove
/var/lib/milter-cli/socket, but it gets a ENOENT error, which I think
means it was never created in the first place.

Lists Index Date Thread Search