[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 839
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-03-01 06:09:27 -0500
Subject: "... 50 thousands tears I've cried" - Snert Milter Updates

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

With the Kalends of March comes a full suite of Snert milter updates
adding new features and fixing many serious issues.

The most notable feature is the introduction of milter-NAME-auth: tags
for B/W listing or info. lookups. This is available in almost all the
milters.

milter-sender has a new experimental feature that has been asked for
time and again: MxCallBackAsPostmaster. There are more and more RFC
clueless sites that choose to block MAIL FROM:<> sometime during the
SMTP transaction (not always at MAIL FROM: time). As a result, I've
finally conceded to implement the use of an alternative address to be
used during the call-back and handle call-back loop detection. I'm not
entire pleased with the need for this option, as I believe it will cause
more problems than it solves over time, but so far in testing all
appears well. Your mileage may vary.

milter-sender and milter-spamc now support IPv6.

All users of milter-sender, milter-ahead, milter-siq, and milter-spiff
are encouraged to download and install the latest version including
libsnert. At least one critical bug and potential buffer-overflow has
been fixed in libsnert which should improve the stability of these
milters on high-volume servers.

Please review the change logs of the milters you use and that of
libsnert. There are far too many changes to list here.

Oh. BTW roundhouse/0.3 has been released too with some minor fixes.

--
Anthony C Howe       http://www.snert.com/     +33 6 11 89 73 78
AIM: SirWumpus            ICQ: 7116561          Skype: SirWumpus

Lists Index Date Thread Search