[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 838
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-03-01 02:59:00 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-sender & milter-ahead design question...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Taylor, Grant wrote:
> No, I was not ""aware that the ability to black list for
> milter-sender / milter-ahead existed though this does not surprise
> me.

Its the ability to blacklist the MX specifically, as opposed to the
client connection. milter-sender has always had B/W list abilities,
respecting those of sendmail too.

milter-ahead/1.1 that is to be released today will have the full B/W
functionality common to all my milters.

> If I was wanting to black list someone via milter-sender I would also
> likely be black listing the same IP via other methods as well.

The behaviour that has been disabled, was just a supplemental
blacklisting during the MX list pruning on top all all the other B/W
support that went before.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure, this particular test won't be missed.

--
Anthony C Howe       http://www.snert.com/     +33 6 11 89 73 78
AIM: SirWumpus            ICQ: 7116561          Skype: SirWumpus

Lists Index Date Thread Search