[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 833
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-02-26 12:04:23 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-cli fails, quietly

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Kevin Kretz wrote:
> I've compiled milter-cli with libmilter from a freshly-compiled
> sendmail-8.13.5 on a Solaris 8 machine, with gcc.

Did you make sure to follow this item in the installation notes:

Be sure to add APPENDDEF(`confENVDEF', `-DSMFI_VERSION=4') to your
site.config.m4 script and rebuild/install both sendmail and the
libmilter, otherwise the -e option will do nothing.

> The compile and install run without error, but when I try to start it
> (manually or with the included example startup script) it dies without
> any other indication that it was alive other than the errors in syslog
> (smfi_register: version mismatch, smfi_register() failed) which I've
> read in another post isn't a problem.

If you want to use the -e option in milter-cli, then sendmail,
libmilter, and milter-cli MUST be built with the libmilter extensions
enabled as documented.

What is the log file saying when it starts? What options are you using?

> I've tried running it with the config on the command line, and in
> /etc/mail/milter-cli.cf (whose format I'm guessing at).

Its just a file of command line options one per line or all on one line
or a mix.

--
Anthony C Howe       http://www.snert.com/     +33 6 11 89 73 78
AIM: SirWumpus            ICQ: 7116561          Skype: SirWumpus

Lists Index Date Thread Search