[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 817
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-02-11 02:49:12 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-sender-1.7 and Solaris 8 issue

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Matt Goebel wrote:
>   I was initially having trouble getting it to read the access.db file
> which I seem to have fixed by recompiling both milter-sender and sendmail
> linked with /usr/local/lib/libdb-4.3.so

When you migrated both milter and sendmail to the same BDB version did
you remember to install the new makemap(1) for sendmail and rebuild the
/etc/mail/*.db files with the new version of makemap?

>   Now when I try to start it up it appears to be forking off a lot
> of threads, and then coredumping.

milters are threaded processes handled by sendmail's libmilter API. Its
unclear what might cause the core dump with looking at it myself. I can
arrange for you to try the current build of the next release I'm
preparing. Contact me off-list for this.

--
Anthony C Howe       http://www.snert.com/     +33 6 11 89 73 78
AIM: SirWumpus            ICQ: 7116561          Skype: SirWumpus

Lists Index Date Thread Search