[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 800
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-01-19 06:31:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Milter-Sender (v0.62) is not enabling support for

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Grant Taylor wrote:
> Anthony do you have any ideas as to why milter-sender might not want
> to start up correctly if init launches it?  Possibly the lack of a
> user or group to run as?  If this is the case I'll try running the
> binary suid and sgid as the user / group that it is to run as.

0.62 is over 18 months old. I don't recall when I switched to requiring
the milter to start as root so that it can write its pid, socket, and
cache files in /var/run, /var/db or /var/cache.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search