[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 798
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-01-18 17:46:42 -0500
Subject: Re: Milter-Sender (v0.62) is not enabling support for

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Grant Taylor wrote:
> Ok, I'll bite and take a look at that.  However if it were a problem
> with the makemap binary wouldn't I be having problem with my
> virtusertable as well?  I rebuild it all the time with the same

milter-sender does not reference virtusertable.

sendmail, makemap, and LibSnert / milter-sender must be all using the
same version of BDB. Building libsnert/milter-sender with a new BDB, in
particular on those systems using the outdated BDB 1.85, would mean
rebuilding sendmail/makemap to use the newer BDB, since BDB 3 and 4
cannot read 1.85 files.

Also check that the file ownership and permissions for access.db are set
  according to the milter documentation. Try setting world readable on
access.db and restart the milter. If that works, then it must be a
permission issue. If it does, its probably a BDB version issue. See

http://www.snert.com/Software/ecartis/index.php?go=/milters/2006-01/788

about setting up your magic file to detect the different Berkeley DB
versions.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search