[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 797
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2006-01-18 17:32:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Milter-Sender (v0.62) is not enabling support for

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

>> Well I *KNOW* that I had Sendmail Access DB support working for
>> milter-sender (v0.62) but for some reason now it is not working.  When
>> my milter starts up I get a line like "...access database support
>> disabled" in my maillog.
>
>    YMMV, but the one time I had this problem it was because something (in
> my case, a Solaris patch) had changed 'makemap' such that it was producing
> an unusable access.db. Replacing with the correct makemap (and, obviously,
> rebuilding access.db) fixed it for me.
>
> Chris

Well that could be the case but I don't think so.  I just tested Sendmail's Access DB
support by a "To:myemail@mydomain.com	REJECT" and then tried sending my self a
message from a known good account that will successfully send to my address when I'm not
rejecting.  Sure enough Sendmail did reject the message just like it was suppose to.  So
that leads me to believe that Sendmail is correctly interfacing with the Access DB thus it
is likely not a makemap issue.  Thoughts / opinions on this?

Any other thoughts?

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search