[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 796
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2006-01-18 16:38:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Milter-Sender (v0.62) is not enabling support for

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

>> Well I *KNOW* that I had Sendmail Access DB support working for
>> milter-sender (v0.62) but for some reason now it is not working.  When
>> my milter starts up I get a line like "...access database support
>> disabled" in my maillog.
>
>    YMMV, but the one time I had this problem it was because something (in
> my case, a Solaris patch) had changed 'makemap' such that it was producing
> an unusable access.db. Replacing with the correct makemap (and, obviously,
> rebuilding access.db) fixed it for me.

Ok, I'll bite and take a look at that.  However if it were a problem with the makemap
binary wouldn't I be having problem with my virtusertable as well?  I rebuild it all the
time with the same makemap binary.  That is not to say that I'll not look in to it.  I
guess there is a small chance (I'm human last time I looked) that I recompiled sendmail
some time with out Access DB support that I'm not aware of, however I do not think that is
very likely.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search