[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 792
From: Geoff Steer
Date: 2006-01-13 00:15:48 -0500
Subject: [SPAM] milter-ahead - option to list domain/mail server data

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Looking at the latest milter-ahead, I notice that there is now an option
to list domain/mail server data in a bdb file.
The documentation states that if an entry is not found in this file then
the normal rcpt_host lookup is done.
Is there an option to say that if the domain name is not found in the
bdb then to process the mail message normally i.e. no look ahead done?
Would the modification to do this be major?

[We have a number of mail servers that will accept any email address as
long as the domain is correct (Exchange servers) and we want to skip any
unnecessary processing for these types of servers.
The other reason we want to do this is it means we won't have to modify
sendmail.cf to provide the {rcpt_host}. The next hop from our gateway
servers is never the customer mail server but is determined based on
services that the mail recipient is subscribed to (AS, AV, others). This
means at least an extra LDAP lookup per message]

Regards
Geoff Steer
Firstwave Technology P/L

Lists Index Date Thread Search