[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 790
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-01-11 05:53:26 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-limit: failed to open "/etc/mail/access.db":

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Skip Hayes wrote:
>> Sounds like mismatched BDB libraries between sendmail, makemap, and the
>> milter.
>>
>> Add the following to /etc/magic
>>
>> 	http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/install/magic.txt
>>
>> then do
>>
>> 	file /etc/mail/access.db
>>
>> If it say 1.85 or 1.86, your sendmail/makemap are using DB1 and are not
>> in sync with the milter using DB4. BTW if you rebuild sendmail, remember
>> to rebuild and install libmilter for that version of sendmail too.
>

> Cool yah I'll probably not be changing sendmail to db4 anytime
> soon... oh well it's cool I'll just use your milters in flat file or
> hash mode. Which would you recommend? I've got a ramdisk running as
> /dev/ram just for files like this...

Providing dual support do DB1 will probably never happen. However, if
you want to try using it, then use the compile time option:

	cd com/snert/src/lib
	./configure --enable-cache-db-185
	make clean build
	cd ../milter-WHATEVER
	./configure
	make clean build
	make install

--enable-cache-db-185 is completely unsupported.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search