[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 786
From: Skip Hayes
Date: 2006-01-09 18:07:39 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-limit: failed to open "/etc/mail/access.db": Invalid argument

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

In reading the archives I might have found a thread similar to what I'm
experiencing:

http://www.snert.com/Software/ecartis/index.php?go=/milters/2005-04/480

In that thread the user continues to have snert milters unable to read
his /etc/mail/acccess.db even though all the permissions and other
whatnots are fine.

I have this same problem, though it only occurs if I compile
snert/src/lib with ./configure --with-db=/usr/local to make it find my
berkeley db4 files. If I don't have it find my db4, it complains about
only having db1, but it will read my access.db.

OpenBSD 3.8 iirc ships with berkeley db1 and uses it for stuff like
"makemap hash /etc/mail/access < /etc/mail/access"... though I've
installed DB4 to pimp my snert milters. Is it possible that when snert
milters are told to use DB4, and makemap is using DB1 to make access.db
that the milters are unable to read access.db?