[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 775
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-12-26 10:39:15 -0500
Subject: Re: milter_cli

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Sergey N. Romanov wrote:
> In documentation I can read:
>
> -e command
> If this command exits with a value greater than 0, then -c command is
> never executed.

Hmm. Looks like I wrote the documentation first and implemented
something different. I must of had a desire to log as much about the
message as possible before taking an action.

> Why -c command is executed if -e exit status greater than 0?

I've forgotten the original reason. I'm sure I had one. I'll review the
code today and consider changing it as documented.

> Why milter add header if message should be discarded?

Well that part was because I don't constantly check the results of the
code for everything that happens at the end of a message. Also the
changing of headers provides interesting log output, that I would
probably log anyways if I simply acted on the discard different. Its
more or less programming shortcuts that don't affect the functionality
of sendmail. Changing headers on a discarded email ends up just being a
noop, which only looks a little odd.

> Why this is impossible to forbid execution of -c command if we need only -e?

I'll look into that one.

> Why this is impossible to forbid adding of "X-Scanned-By" header?

Essentially I always add X-Scanned-By headers in all content milters.
I'll look into an option to turn it off as I have done for other milters.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search