[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 762
From: Derek J. Balling
Date: 2005-12-13 07:38:00 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-spiff

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On Dec 12, 2005, at 10:05 AM, sladewig wrote:
> Just started using milter-spiff and encountered this:
> Dec 12 08:49:26 mta milter-spiff[15156]: [ID 505443 mail.info] 02239
> jBCEnOp0012594: reply 550 5.7.1 sender
> <tamika_wilkerson@gbophb.org> via
> SPF result Fail;
> The txt record returned for this zone gives:
> "v=spf1 ip4: ip4:
> include:i1._spf.novacon.net -all"
> This address is within their published records. Looks like it is not
> correctly parsing the /22 ?

I can't speak for Anthony, but it *may* be that the CIDR code in
milter-spiff is confused by their bass-ackwards CIDR declaration.

ObDisclaimer: Yes. is perfectly valid.

NORMALLY, you declare networks in CIDR notation using the first IP
address of the range. If that were the case, it would be declared as

Again, their declaration is perfectly valid, just as I could
legitimately describe RFC1918 space as "" and it would
still be a perfectly "accurate" representation of the entire network.
It's just brain-dead. :-P

Lists Index Date Thread Search