[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 759
From: Taylor, Grant
Date: 2005-12-09 13:56:39 -0500
Subject: Question regarding Null Reverse Path address "<>" in milter-sender

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hi, I have been successfully running Milter-Sender v0.62 for a good while now.  However
I'm having some problems with mail servers not being rfc 822 / 2822 compliant in such that
they are not accepting email from the Null Reverse Path (NRP) of "<>".  I
know that this is a violation of the accepted standard and severely frowned upon by the
RFCs but that many people choose to do this in a poor attempt to block spam.  I would like
to know if there is a way to change out the NRP that is used by default with a valid email
address that is used specifically for the function of the NRP, say
null-reverse-path@domain.tld which would be a valid functioning email address.  Better yet
I'd like a way to have milter-sender attempt with the standard NRP address and then if
things fail to possibly attempt again with the alternant email address and if successfully
with the alternant email address log that the server in question is not accepting the NRP
address.

Suggestions / opinions would be greatly welcomed in this matter.

Grant Taylor
Systems Administrator
Riverview Technologies Inc.
601 West Business Loop 70
Suite 109
Columbia MO  65203-2546
United States of America

Phone:  (573) 442-7151
  Fax:  (573) 442-3062
eMail:  gtaylor (at) riverviewtech (dot) net

P.S.  Anthony, keep up the great work on your GREAT milters.

P.P.S.  I know you may have fixed this in newer versions of the milters but I'm still
fighting with management to get them to pay for the newer version of Milter-Sender and
Milter-SpamC.

Lists Index Date Thread Search