[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 752
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-11-29 10:19:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [DYNDNS] Milter: data, rejectE1 4.3.2 Please try

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

John Poltorak wrote:
> Since around 3 am this morning my mailserver has not been forwarding (or
> rejecting) mail.
>
> According to my mail log, I started getting the following error msg
>

> Milter: data, reject=451 4.3.2 Please try again later

It would help to know which milter you are talking about. I have written
15 of them after all. I'm guessing its milter-gris, but normally
milter-gris reports the seconds delayed in the response and I use 450
4.7.1 as an error response, not 451 4.3.2 (I think).

Is this message in response to inbound mail or outbound?

How about a log sample of the message thread?

Did you change your /etc/mail/access file? Add or remove any entries
recently?

> but mail does not get returned to the sender.

A rejection during an SMTP session does not return a message to a sender
MUA. The MUA should see the message and report it to the user. If the
sender is an MTA, then its the sending MTA's responsibility to send a
message back to sender.

> Anyone know what is going on here?

More details would be helpful since I can only guess at the context in
which this log message appears.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search