[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 742
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-10-23 14:31:20 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-report

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Derek J. Balling wrote:
> Anthony,
> Have you sorted out the "pattern-matching" feature-request I
> submitted on this yet? (e.g, so that you can "group" addresses
> together to all go to a single recipient... for instance, if someone
> had "dredd@example.com" and "dballing@example.com", they could be

> consolidated into a single report... or (worse) if they had a
> "*@example.com" wildcard.... sending one report for every RCPT in a
> dictionary attack would suck.

The following two changes appeared in 0.4

    +	The virtusertable.db is consulted, if in use, to determine if
	there is a catch-all for a domain, ie. @example.com or an
	error: entry so as to avoid many different reports being sent
	to the same user, because of a dictionary attack. Suggested by
	Derek Balling.

    !	Changed -p option to take a word argument as to what level of
	reporting <postmaster> should receive (none, unknown, copy,
	redirect). Suggested by Derek Balling.

Is there something missing that I didn't understand?

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search