[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 740
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-10-23 13:57:59 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-report

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Paul McAvoy wrote:
> Thanks for the milter report.  I have installed it on my system and now
> get mail 2x a day with a list of bounced email's.  Groovy! :)
>
> I am having a bit of trouble with it however.  I am runing it with the
> command line option '-p copy' to have myself get cc'd on all the reports
> that go out.  I see that a number of people are getting repeat reports
> from previous days.  Are you aware of this, and am I doing anything wrong?

I'm not aware of this. Are the old portion of the reports complete
duplicates or partials?

The reports are suppose to be cleared apon successful sending of the
report to a user.

Have you checked file permissions? I doubt this is the problem since the
reports continue to grow (I assume).

> I have configured the milter-report to use a BDB data file.

Shouldn't be an issue.

> Additionally, I see that postmaster is getting a duplicate report
> message just after the period it is supposed to.  Ie: I think that the
> default report times are 5am and 5pm.  I'll often get another report to
> postmaster at some other time.  For instance 2:30pm.

The reports are sent via SMTP. It is possible that these reports are
queued until the next queue run. Which begs the question how often do
you do queue runs?

> Any clues to what I may have not configured , or mis-configured?

None at this time. From what you have said, I can't fathom why the delay
in report delivery nor the reason for the old reports not being cleared.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search