[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 735
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-10-23 00:51:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Roundhouse - available?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Geoff Steer wrote:
> I just noticed a new entry on the Snertsoft page for Roundhouse, the
> SMTP mulitplexor.
> Is this due to be available soon?

Yes. Major updates coming later today with one or two new milters and
Roundhouse, LibSnert, and milter updates. I was preparing the web pages
yesterday.

> We're about to implement some new milters and my management wants some
> guarantee that the milters wont negatively impact on production mail
> flow. Being able to copy the production mail stream to a another box
> with the milters is just what I need to show the milters work and to
> gather some stats.

Well this is the purpose of Roundhouse, but please note that it is the
first release and as such is beta. Roundhouse itself may need some
additional testing. Hmm. Maybe I should put that in the documentation...

NOTE that Roundhouse cannot multiplex STARTTLS. This is briefly
mentioned in the documentation. Also Roundhouse can work on *nix and
Windows.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search