[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 729
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-09-29 23:28:02 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-spiff: SPF result Fail on HELO

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Tristan Griffiths wrote:
> Using milter-spiff/0.4.8

What version of LibSnert are you linked with? Please make sure its 1.52.

> Error message is "550 5.7.1 HELO monlib.vic.gov.au from 203.32.65.2 SPF
> result Fail;"
>
> The mail machine 203.32.65.2 (PTR hq2b.monlib.vic.gov.au) is connecting
> to us sending HELO as monlib.vic.gov.au and is returning a Fail result.

HELO monlib.vic.gov.au

Is not a FQDN as far as I can tell, though this should not be an issue
as far as I can tell in the spf.c code.

> If I check the TXT records for the domain "v=spf1 a mx ptr
> a:gwbm.monlib.vic.gov.au mx:gwbm.monlib.vic.gov.au -all" which says to
> accept ptr/reverse dns but the mitler is failing it.
>
> Am I missing something? Does the current implementation not check PTR
> records?

The current version does support PTR records. My spf CLI (in LibSnert)
reports:

$ ./spf -v -h monlib.vic.gov.au  203.32.65.2 monlib.vic.gov.au
monlib.vic.gov.au Pass

What was the MAIL argument? I'll look further into this once I wake up
to see if there is a difference in behaviour between the CLI and the milter.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search