[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 727
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-09-23 02:00:49 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-report placement in sendmail.mc file

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jeff Powell wrote:
> I'm just trying out milter-report.  Does it matter where in the
> sendmail.mc file the milter-report part is placed, especially in
> relation to the other milters?  In my file, I have four milters, in this
> order in the file:
> 1.  Milter-sender
> 2. SpamAssassin
> 3. MIMEDefang
> 4. Milter-report

 From my testing it shouldn't matter.

> So far in my testing, I have not been able to get milter-report to mail
> me anything.  I have tried setting it to mail a report in just a few
> minutes, i.e., if it is currently 0000 I put 0005 in the cf file,
> restart milter-report, and wait 5 minutes.  Does milter-info only report

milter-report only mails a report of FAILURES. Not a report of
successes. So the first thing you have to do to test it is start an SMTP
session, give HELO and MAIL and maybe the RCPT (yourself), then RSET or
QUIT. It will then record the message failure. At the next report
interval, you and/or postmaster will receive a report.

> on the mails that it personally observes being rejected, so if no mails
> are rejected during the above 5-minute period, no report is generated?

Correct. When you test it make sure you use a valid RCPT TO: address
since this is where the report goes. If the RCPT is not specified or the
mail reject before a RCPT is given, then postmaster will receive the report.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search