[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 704
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-08-27 03:01:46 -0400
Subject: Re: libsnert/milter-ahead on AMD64

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Kevin Rosenberg wrote:
> I'm attempting to use libsnert/milter-ahead on a Debian/Ubuntu AMD64
> system. I've found one long (8-byte) vs. int (4-byte) compilation
> error in src/tools/where-are-you.c:

I have NOT tested LibSnert or any of my milters on a 64-bit CPU. There
may well be many such portability issues of this sort, particularly in
the current Socket.c and maybe Dns.c code and any other of the tools
using sockets.

SunOS and Mac OS X don't define socklen_t, they use size_t and int
respectively. I've already addressed this particular problem this week
for Mac OS X and the fix to appear in LibSnert 1.52.

I think it would probably be simplest if you contact me off list to make
arrangements for an account on your machine, so that I can test the
proposed LibSnert 1.52 and make any necessary corrections for size of
type assumptions.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search