[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 691
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-08-07 06:24:14 -0400
Subject: mitler-gris list -r option...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I'm curious if anyone uses the milter-gris -r (or milter-sender
GreyListRejectCount option), because I'm seriously considering dropping
this option in light of how many legit yet poorly configured servers
there are that fire off retries within seconds. It just seems not worth
keeping. Comments?

The -r option:

During the temporary block time given by -b, the number of attempts to
deliver a message corresponding to the connecting IP, sender, and
recipient tuple will be counted. If after that time the counter exceeds
the -r value, then the message is permanently rejected. Set to zero (0)
to disable this part of the grey-list strategy. The default is 0 (disabled).

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search