[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 690
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-08-07 04:40:52 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-report: report email address

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Marcus Sobchak wrote:

> Thanks. Another question recording to the output of the report. The out
> put is:
>
> ---
> This is a list of known emails that were not delivered to
> you for some reason. If any of the addresses listed below
> are known to you, please contact you email adminstrator.
>
> Sun Aug  7 07:11:44 2005 j775Bfub022365 <sdoherty_li@att.net>
> ([61.80.232.80] [61.80.232.80])
> ---
>
> I think it would be interesting to know to recipiet too. Something like:
>
>     <suuherty_zp@att.net> -> <lists@recipient.tdl>
>
> Possible?

You haven't read the documentation for milter-report:

	When a sender is rejected without a recipient being specified,
	then the local <postmaster> will be sent a report.

So the reason the postmaster is notified is BECAUSE the recipient is
unknown. Otherwise if the recipient were known (and valid) then the
recipient receives the report directly of those senders that were blocked.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search