[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 675
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-08-02 03:02:13 -0400
Subject: Re: sender question

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

cc wrote:
> Or possibly this could be another milter idea?   Since
> milter-sender's primary chore is to determine the legitimacy of the
> connection,  another milter can take the received headers and do a
> check on them.    I realize that received headers can be forged and
> when you're talking about spam directly from the 'horse's mouth' so
> to speak, the whole received headers list is/can be bogus.

Well, milter-date already does Received: header checking for time & date
consistency.

I read or heard some where recently something interesting about testing
taken, but have since forgotten the details and where I learnt about it.

> But under certain conditions, since spam also hit the backup mail
> server, and if the backup mail server doesn't have milter-sender (or
> similar) installed, the main mail server will get hit by spam
> forwarded via the backup server. This is of my current problems right
> now.  After disabling the milter-sender from the backup server,  the
> flow of spam has increased somewhat.

Why did you choose to disable milter-sender on the secondary MX?

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search