[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 673
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-08-01 03:22:19 -0400
Subject: Re: sender question

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

cc wrote:
> With milter-sender,  the 'last' hop in the envelop (topmost
> to get milter-sender to check the 2nd last hop or the
> n'th hop?  Or does milter-sender check them all?

No. milter-sender does NOT read the message content. Its a pre-DATA
milter acting on the client IP, HELO/EHLO, MAIL FROM: and RCPT TO: of
the SMTP transaction. An upcoming release will have a new CLI for the
core test that could be scripted to do something like you suggest.
However, I see little utility in testing the information in other

> I'm using an old version of milter-sender (0.62, I believe).

The next release will be 1.4 due out late this week I hope.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search