[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 666
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2005-07-27 20:34:47 -0400
Subject: White list pattern matching...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I'm sure all the email administrators on this list (most of us right?)
have had to deal with Yahoo Groups.  Well unfortunately I've got a user
that is being more of a pain than necessary and thus I'm having to
revamp my solution.  I'm sure you have noticed that Yahoo does little to
clean up the emails that are sent to it's group members and thus likely
to be dropped by milters like milter-date.  In looking at the headers
and maillogs for the emails coming from Yahoo all the messages that come
from the list are sent with (what I believe to be a form of) VERP
(Variable Envelope Return Path) in such that the sending email address
is different per message and recipient.  However all the sender
addresses seem to be made up of "sender-<a series of numbers and
dashes>-<recipient user part>=<recipient domain part>@<sender domain
part>".  I would like to be able to have something similar to
"milter-date-From:<recipient user part>=<recipient domain
part>@<sender
domain part>   OK".  I know that I could match based on the entire
sender address but I'm not sure if I can match on part of it or not.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search