[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 630
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-07-01 14:29:55 -0400
Subject: Re: New milter-spiff : A SPF-Classic implementation.

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jeffrey A. Groves wrote:
> Cool!

You should have said "spiffy". I think this word should make a popular
come back.

> I hate the current Perl based implementation of SPF that I'm currently using!

I have a low opinion of Perl for any production system. Quick & dirty
and prototypes its good at. For serious high volume stuff its just a pig
IMHO. Real programmers do it in the C.

> Looking forward to playing with this during this coming weekend.

Note that this is completely an independent implementation. I don't use
libspf nor libspf2. I wrote it from scratch based on the IETF Internet
Draft 02. I support all the interesting bits of the spec. except some
macros (s, l, o, c, r, t) and I don't bother with the "exp=" modifier.

I'll be interested in your comments after you've tried it. I think I can
certainly add more option combination and facilities to it. I'm also
looking at places it might improve milter-sender and/or milter-gris.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

Sendmail Anti-Spam Solutions           http://www.snertsoft.com/
                                             We Serve Your Server

Lists Index Date Thread Search