[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 618
From: Ryan Moore
Date: 2005-06-15 14:23:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter ahead erroring out every 5 minutes Socket unsafe

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Aaron Berg wrote:
> When installing libsnert 1.44 and milter-ahead .9 I am having
> difficulties getting milter-ahead to create a socket at /var/run/. It
> appears that it is creating the .pid just fine. I was able to work
> around this by using the milter-ahead .8 socket that didn't die which
> was in a different directory and changing the sendmail.mc file to point
> to the old socket.
>
> My question is: What can I try or check for if milter-ahead isn't
> creating a socket file. Permissions on the directories are standard
> root:root and 755. As a side note I am having difficulties with another
> machine that is being setup with libsnert+milter-ahead for the first
> time. That machine also refuses to create a socket file.

If the milter is running as user 'smmsp', it probably won't be able to
create a socket in that directory. Perhaps make a subdirectory and give
user smmsp write priviledges (assuming the milter is running as smmsp)
and update pointers to that socket accordingly.

Ryan Moore
Perigee.net Corporation
704-849-8355 (sales)
704-849-8017 (tech)