[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 609
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2005-06-10 01:34:38 -0400
Subject: Re: Problem with milter-gris 0.9.81

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe wrote:
> Arne Handtmann wrote:

>>We recently upgraded from 0.8 to 0.9.81 and I've seen a strange behavior on
>>our incoming mailserver:

>>Do you have any idea, what went wrong, or is this a feature (yes, I noticed
>>the feature for outgoing mail that enables the way back without greylisting
>>- but the outgoing mail never went through this milter-gris).

> My guess would be that -b 0 is set and/or -I is enabled and set to 0. If
> you are using -I, look for an earlier log message:
>
> 	disjoint client_addr=%s client_name=%s, skipping connection
>
> (provided you have -v info as one of the log flags). If you want
> traditonal grey listing for _everything_, do not use -I or set it to
> something greater than 0 and less than -b. -I is disabled by default.
> I'll review the code in the morning and see if there is something else.

Well I'm awake... I really shouldn't answer email like this at midnight
before going to sleep. Anyways. I've made some tests and indeed have
found a bug with -I default.

The workaround is to either specify -I and -b with the same value. Or
apply this simple patch to milter-gris.c:

	if (isIpInClientName(data, raw_client_addr) == 0) {
	if (0 <= greyListBlockTimeI && isIpInClientName(data, raw_client_addr)
== 0) {

An update will be released later today.

--
Anthony C Howe                                 +33 6 11 89 73 78
http://www.snert.com/       ICQ:

"Understanding is a three edged sword." - Kosh, Babylon 5

Lists Index Date Thread Search