[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 604
From: Taylor, Grant
Date: 2005-06-03 23:10:48 -0400
Subject: Re: Downloading milter-sender

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> I can't seem to figure out how to download milter-sender.  It now seems I'm required
to pay 250 euros to download it.  If that's the case, I'm a little upset by that-- I can
see how a company might be able to pay that but I'm a private individual and can't afford
that kind of money.  How about a free-for-individual-use clause in the license agreement?
> I have already set up a download account.
>
> Jeff

I did not want to believe it when I read it but now that I go and try to download the new
Milter-Sender and find that I have to pay for it I am severely hart broken.  I suppose
that I will have to stick with version 0.62 on as many systems as I can and ultimately
migrate away from what was and possibly still is a fine product.  If the price was
approximately about a third of what it is I *might* consider using it for my business.
But seeing as the price is what it is and that I want to use it for personal uses, I guess
I'll have to look for a different product.

Shame, shame,

Grant Taylor
Systems Administrator
Riverview Technologies Inc.